Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Free ice cream was awesome...until I realized that was all I ate today

Smitty's makes wonderful ice cream, all rich, creamy and delicious.  I thoroughly enjoyed the noon time snack until around 5:30 this afternoon when I realized that was all I had eaten today.  Then I realized that I had to work at the library until 9pm and had no time to return to my apartment to eat.  So here I sit, at the second floor periodicals desk, listening to my stomach growling and thinking up ways to convince students in Octagon to give me a meal plan.

I also realized that I have my wallet at the bottom of my backpack which is oh so tempting but I have resisted the urge to give in, especially since I am only two days into this project.  Tomorrow I will have to plan ahead more.

If I get desperate enough before 9pm, I'm considering making a sign to hold while I sit on the bench just outside of Octagon.  It will say something like, "Starving Senior, please donate meal plans."  If I am just too weak from hunger to make a sign, I'll go into Octagon, grab a sandwich, fruit, chips, and a drink and then get into line.  I'll hand my phoenix card to the woman who swipes and then play dumb when she tells me I don't have any meal plans.  Then hopefully, someone in line behind me will find it in their heart to reach out to a needy, starving, mooching artist.

Ahh...frugality at its best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment